What is Adsense?Adsense is a program operated by Google allowing publishers of content sites to set up automatic text , image , video or interactive media advertisements targeted specially for site content and audience.
Process to get started with Adsense:- You need a Google account for signing-in , phone number and postal address associated with bank account to get paid and finally connecting your site to Adsense and thereby growing your business.
- Once you create Adsense account , it i required to activate the account by following the below tasks -
* Connecting your site to Adsense.
* Entering details of payment address.
* Verifying your phone number.
The activation process can take a few days , maximum upto 2 weeks.
- Once the account is activated , you can set up ads on your site. There are 2 ways to do this -
They are automatic and provide a good user experience.
- They effectively control everything from banner ads to in lays.
Choose auto Ads if you are considering Automation , Simplicity or Convenience.
They are manual.
Choose Auto Ads if you want to have control over the placement of your Ads.
- The Ads are targeted to your site by Google in several ways such as Contextual targeting , Placement targeting , Personalized targeting , Run of network targeting.
- Adsense offers several options to review and block ads (like Sensitive categories , Advertiser URLs) according to your convenience.
What is optimization?- Optimization is the process of altering your site and ads on your site to improve traffic on your site , quality of the site and performance of Adsense ads.
- Optimization is done in order to increase your Adsense revenue , improve usability of your site and get more traffic.
- Optimization page includes Opportunities and Experiments that provides you with customized recommendations thereby improving your Adsense account performance.
- Your site can be made multi screen friendly through Responsive web design , Dynamic serving , Separate mobile site.
- User experience guidelines when optimizing your site:
* Focus on user's goals.
* Employ a clear structure to guide users.
* Ensure that users know what kind of actions they can take on your site.
* Turn casual visitors into loyal visitors.
* Tailor your experience to your user's situation.
- Adsense help forum helps everyone solve their queries related in their Adsense account.
About Adsense revenue:- The money you can earn from Adsense depends on your page content , Ad placement , organic traffic , blog niche and many other factors.
- Adsense has CPC (Cost per Click) and CPM (Cost per 1000 impressions) based revenue model.
CTR (Click Though Rate) - Clicks per 1000 impressions (varies between 1%-10% based on niche and Ad placement).
CTR = (Number of ad clicks * 100) / Number of page views.
Page RPM = (Estimated earnings / Number of page views) * 1000
Estimated Earnings = CPC * Total Number of Clicks
Ad RPM = (Estimated earnings / Ad impressions) * 1000
About the payments:
- Payment is done between 21st and 26th of every month.
- Payment methods include Checks , EFT , SEPA , Rapida , Wire Transfer.
- Adsense provides a payment receipt for each of the payment processed.
- Minimum amount to request cashout is $100.